- Canada is the largest country in the Western Hemisphere and the second largest in the world, with a total area of 9,970,610 Km sq.
- Canada contains an extremely wide variety of geographical features: the flat Prairies, the rugged north and the gently rolling landscape of the east.
- Canada is an independent, self-governing democracy whose form of government is a constitutional monarchy.
- Studying in Canada requires a student authorization or Student Visa. This authorization allows you to remain in Canada to take an academic, professional or vocational training course at an approved university, community college, university college, Career College, public or secondary school or private ESL/FSL School. If you are from a country that requires visas, these will be issued at the same time as your student authorization.
- A student authorization is not required if the course you are taking is an English or French language course that lasts a maximum of three months and is not academic, professional or vocational in nature. However, students from some countries may require a visitor's visa.
- If you are interested in studying in the province of QuÃ©bec, you are required to obtain a Certificate or Acceptance (CAQ)* from the QuÃ©bec government and a student authorization from the Government of Canada. Applications for a CAQ are available at educational institutions in QuÃ©bec. A processing fee will be incurred when applying for the CAQ. Students must apply for a CAQ before applying for a student authorization. Students wishing to study in other provinces or territories do not need CAQs.